Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Colorado

We made it to Fort Collins. It has been one crazy week.

The flight from Korea went surprisingly fast. It was 13 hours, and there is a 13 hour time difference. So I departed from Korean on Wed., July 1st at 6:15pm and arrived in Atlanta, GA on Wed., July 1st at 6:15pm. There was a couple hours layover in Atlanta. It was timed perfectly because I still had to go through immigration, pick up my checked baggage, and re-check it. I checked in with my mom, and then had a 2 hour flight to Austin. I had a great seat-mate. She was very sweet. I hadn't slept well on the planes but it worked out. We got to my mom's house around midnight. I had a good night's sleep, and didn't really get off schedule.

That same night my aunt Karen was having problems and was taken to the hospital. The next day my mom and I picked up my grandmother and visited her in the ICU. She was unresponsive when we arrived. She had had a stroke. Karen has been fighting kidney failure and diabetes for years. She passed away the next morning. I'm so glad that I was able to see her one last time, but especially to be with my Uncle Fred. It has been rough losing such a wonderful woman. My aunt Karen did not want to have a funeral or anything at a funeral home. Her wishes were for us to have a party. So we will be having a Memorial/Party for her in August. For anyone who knew Karen, we have a memorial website for her at karenscottmemorial.com.

So we have now made the first leg of our July trip. We left Austin yesterday morning, spent the night in Amarillo, TX, and have arrived in Fort Collins, CO. We had an awesome dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Nyala Ethiopian. Mmmm. We'll be in town until Thursday. Then we head up to Wyoming to start the wedding festivities!! We have so much we want to fit in these few days that we have here. I know it will be hardest for my mom. Normally she is able to spend a month or so every summer in Colorado. She only gets a few days this year. But at least she will be coming back to see the baby when he's born!

I'm full of yummy Ethiopian food and tired from a long car ride. I'm thinking nap time! Oh, and to everyone in Korea, I miss you so much already!! I hope you are taking care of my man!


No comments:

Post a Comment