Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ups and Downs

It was a rollercoaster day. Started out great. Had beverages and treats at my favorite coffee shop with good friends Sharon and Kendra. Headed over to Eco-thrift (best thrift store EVER) with Kendra to say hi to the eco-people. Good stuff. It went downhill when I got home. I can't find one of my favorite cds, The Darjeeling Limited Soundtrack. Then I had to call the airline I'm flying on tomorrow to try to fix a mistake that they made on my reservation. I talked to the highest supervisors in two departments and then filed a formal complaint. I usually don't bother with that, but I was MAD. Never did get the reservation fixed. I have to just exchange the flight on the day of. :P
I did eventually get in a better mood after a great conversation with my mom. She really cheered me up. Now I'm all packed for flying to Texas tomorrow, and my ipod is full of great music (except Darjeeling...grrr).

Yesterday went pretty well overall. It was my last day with the Daycare. I trained my replacement cook, which was the least exciting part of the day. Then I had some Bubble drinks with my co-worker Tabitha. Good fun. After that headed over to the elementary school to say good-bye to all my school-agers. It was sad, but we had cookie cake and they gave me tons of farewell cards and hugs. They are an amazing group of kids.
Yesterday evening, our friend Matt came over for several hours and there was some great conversation. We were all exhausted and ready for bed by midnight.

Update on Korea: We may be leaving as late as the 27th now. It could still be around the 19th though. As soon as the school decides on an orientation day we will know. There is still a couple more bits of paperwork that I have to get, but those are waiting until we get plane tickets. It's starting to feel real now!

It has been great getting time to hang out with all our friends so much. The aforementioned Matt and his gf/my co-worker Shauna are on the way over for more good times. I should definitely go brush the garlicy pesto dinner out of my mouth before then. 잘자

No comments:

Post a Comment