Monday, March 16, 2009

Me, Myself, and I

Sorry I haven't posted lately, everyone. Work has been a mental drain and when I get home I just want to relax instead of post or anything. You want the scoop on me? Here it comes.

I'm adjusting a little more every day. Having Caroline here with me and Tim nearby is awesome. Tim keeps introducing us to new people he knows. Between getting time with my Girl (and thereby the blueberry), my Tim, and the new friends he introduces us to I'm keeping sane. Also, Tim and I are playing some scion which is awesome-cross. His character is a Scion of Odin built around becoming the Norse God of Wolves. Dad is hoping he will be able to cast down the fenris wolf come ragnarok and change the fate of the Aesir. Oughta be an interesting game.

Not being able to communicate is stressful. This especially comes up with my co-teacher. Sometimes she is trying to explain things to me that I can tell are important for my job but she doesn't know enough English to do so well. It really stresses me out. Other than that things are good at work. The kids are cool, though crazy. One day I had to do an autograph session for them. Seriously...almost a whole class came up to me and asked me to sign their workbooks. That was really weird. Another class all wanted me to shake their hands. A bunch of students gave me candy one day. Its always an adventure with them. The material I'm being given to teach them is very pre-school bubblegum crap though. I'm going to need to really get together a some decent material here soon. Lunch is another adventure. We get Kimchi everyday, which I like though it can sometimes be to spicy or too fermented. We also get a soup dish which has usually been pretty good. Also a dessert which has been bananas, a yogurt drink, strawberries, dumpling things, and cherry tomatoes. Everything else is a crap shoot. Our meat one day was fried fish which I couldn't eat cause it was full of bones. It's like they fish for bone fish here or something. Then today it was a tasty chicken thing. Notice how I often can't give you a good description of the food. Like I said lunch is an adventure.

I'm sure things will continue to get easier bit by bit, day by day. I'll be adding some pictures to this post later and editing it for grammar. I'm not feeling up to the task just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment